I'm going to give away one of the hats that is currently available in my online shop. You will find a range of my work there, including vintage-inspired hats from the 1920s to the 1960s, costume hats inspired by older history and imagination, and modern pieces suitable for a day at the races. Go and have a look at what's on offer and think about which one you would love to have for your own head. The prize will include postage to wherever you are, worldwide.
How to Enter
Easy. Comment on this blog post. Your comment should be a maximum of 500 words and specify the following:
- Which hat from my online shop you would like to own
- A description of the outfit you would wear the hat with, and/or to what event you would wear the hat
Entries are open from Tuesday 29nd July 2014 9am AEST and close on Tuesday 12th August 2014 11pm AEST. (Please note these are Australian Eastern Standard Time, so if you are overseas, it may be an earlier time and date for you)
I have assembled a judging panel that includes myself and a number of members of my family. We will each vote for our favourite entries, and the votes will be tallied to detemine the winner.
The winner will be announced on this blog on Friday 15th August and will then need to contact me with their address.
Other Details (Terms and Conditions)
- Prize is not redeemable for cash
- Although many hats are one-size-fits-all, some are for a specific headsize. Please check details in the shop listings
- If the prize you chose is no longer available (i.e. it sells during the competition time) you will be offered a second choice from available products or a similar replacement hat will be made for you
- I am not responsible for the prize once it is dispatched
- I am willing to post to anywhere in the world, but please use your superior knowledge of your country's import restrictions and customs requirements and choose sensibly. Some hats do contain animal products (e.g. feathers).
- My family members are not eligible to enter. For goodness sake ask for something for Christmas.
Is That It?
You might have noticed that I didn't make you like or follow me on any of my social media places, or envy products on Storenvy or anything like that. I don't need followers who don't really want to follow me!
But if you are here for the first time, please do look around the blog posts and the gallery and have a think about whether you like my work and want to keep in touch.
If you want to keep seeing my hats and creative process, information about vintage hat styles, and be informed of discounts, special offers, giveaways and other fun stuff, you can follow me on:
Please share this giveaway! It would mean a lot to me to have heaps of fun entries to read. Whether you want to tweet it, share on facebook or instagram, or just mention it to a hat-loving friend, that would be much appreciated.
Good luck to everyone who enters! Have fun with your answers!