Sunday 1 December 2013

A Straw and Sinamay Op-shop Hat Refashion

Some hats are just in serious need of a makeover.


I picked this up at an op-shop, hoping to rescue it from its current, rather sad, state. It turns out this is a hat base from Spotlight (so NOT intended to be worn like this, without any trim or anything) which makes me feel better!

The original price tag: $34.95
Sale price at Spotlight: $5
Price at the op-shop: $3


I was looking forward to having some straw and sinamay to play with, and I ended up using some of each in the new hat. I blocked the straw over one of my lovely new handmade hat blocks, then used the band of sinamay and some (also second hand) flowers and buttons to finish it off.


And I still have the brim and a strip of straw to play with! I love hat refashions!

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This is super. What vision you have to see the possibilities in re-modelling. Can't wait to see what happens to the rest of it! Mum

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig