Sunday 3 November 2013

Coming Soon: Wattle Flat Crafts

This month I am going to be a part of something very exciting!


My hats (and some other creations) will be on sale at the Old Courthouse in Wattle Flat. And yes, that is all the address it needs!

Wattle Flat is a village in the Bathurst region of New South Wales that sprung up in the gold-mining boom of the 1850s. The Courthouse (and Post Office) was opened in the 1890s and that building is now owned by my grandmother.

She has come up with this idea to get local crafters together and is working away to get the large courtroom ready to become a display space for myself and a range of other makers. There will be hats, jewellery, art prints and cards, felted items including cards, ornaments and wreaths, sewn items including soft toys, children's clothing, and quilts, local fleece, leather-worked items and more. No matter how detailed a list I give, I keep having to end with "and more". We are just getting so much interest and the people involved are so multi-talented.

The grand opening and future weeks will also feature craft workshops by our contributors, including myself.

You can keep up to date on the progress and learn more at the Wattle Flat Crafts Facebook page
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig